Applications close February 10th. Applicants are requested to send a 2-page CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Twende Mbele is a multi-country programme aiming to strengthen National Evaluation Systems of African countries. It currently consists of government partners from six different countries (South Africa, Benin, Niger, Ghana, Kenya and Uganda), and two technical partners – CLEAR Anglophone Africa, and the African Development Bank. It is hosted by CLEAR Anglophone Africa at the University of Witwatersrand. The programme has multiple funders and is in its third year of operation. We are recruiting an administrator under the overall responsibility and direct supervision of the Twende Mbele Senior Programme Manager. The administrator will provide operational guidance and support to ensure the achievement of project objectives and delivery of programme outputs in multiple countries.
Scope of Work
The primary duties of the Twende Mbele Administrator will include:
- Provide support to event organization for Twende Mbele activities, including travel support and logistics;
- Ensure effective liaison and strong communications between Wits Enterprise, CLEAR-AA, the country partners, and other concerned stakeholders;
- Collate reporting, including soliciting, revising, and editing reports on project meetings and activities;
- Support procurement processes for goods and services, including getting quotes, supporting the appointment of service providers, and liaising with Wits enterprise on contracting and purchase orders;
- Support financial reporting and ensure quality control, such as coding expenses, and participating in planning processes;
- Provide general administrative support to the Programme, including taking minutes of meetings;
- Provide support to programme monitoring, such as editing reports and maintaining the contact database;
- Provide support to the Programme’s monitoring and evaluation systems, including collating reporting information against the logframe.
Duration, Location and Nature of Appointment
The appointment for the Administrator a one-year fixed term position, at a time of 80%. The incumbent is subject to probationary period of two months. He/she will work from the CLEAR AA offices in Parktown. Occasional travel may be required in this position.
The Administrator will be recruited competitively and will be expected to have the following qualifications:
- At least 4 years’ experience in a project support role, ideally in the development or public sector;
- Experience supporting the procurement of goods and services, including the ability to engage with budgets. This should include strong Excel skills, and the ability to prepare financial reports;
- A Bachelor’s degree (Social Sciences, Humanities or related) or Administration qualification;
- Strong organisational skills, and previous international event management experience;
- Good interpersonal skills with experience in communicating with diverse partners at different levels (ministry, donors, private sector, NGOs and local community based organisations);
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are essential, with an ability to communicate in French being a distinct advantage;
- Proven written, analytical, presentation and reporting skills and demonstrated computing skills;
- Strong communication and organisational skills are essential. The ability to lead the organisation of events is very important;
- Management-level operational experience would be extremely desired.
Please submit a 2-page CV and motivation letter to email@example.com by February 10th.